2009-03-04

The Roots 'slow jam' the news

Last night it was the premiere of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, which he took over from my favourite late night show host Conan O'Brien. Jimmy Fallon has been really funny in Saturday Night Live for years now so I was happy to see that he was chosen to host the show. But I was even more excited, although with mixed feelings at first, when it was announced that my absolute favourite group and probably one of the world's greatest live act, The Roots, was gonna be the house band. This means though that they are not gonna tour as much as before (which was a lot), especially not Europe. They always did a stop in Stockholm, and fortunately I had the luck to see them once. I've seen a short clip from the first show, and I must say it passed the test. Especially the 'slow jam the news' bit, where Black Thought aka Tariq shows again that he not only can turn a mic on fire but also sing really great! I hope it starts to show really soon in Sweden so I get to see more of it.

Inga kommentarer: