2009-03-02

Signs of spring

Since I came here I haven't really cared about the temperature at all. In the morning, or before I go out, I just look out and open up my window, and if it seems a bit chilly I put on an extra sweater or something. I have checked the weather forecast in Sweden and heard from friends that it is still cold and around 0°C. Here it is around 9°C and a bit gray and and cloudy, but it gets milder and milder everyday and you can really feel that the spring is on its way. I have found some nice signs of this as well, and in the footsteps of the great Swedish botanist and fellow Uppsala University student as me, Carl Linnaeus, I have gathered evidence in form of pictures. However, unlike him I don't know many names of plants, so If anyone know the names of these flowers either in Swedish or English, or both, please tell me. (Also, unlike him I don't find it right to apply the taxonomy system and race, which is something I study now, to humans, but that's a completely different topic.) It would be really nice if I would be able to bring the bit warmer early spring weather here with me when I go back to Sweden in a bit more than 3 weeks.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Utan vidare kunskaper: jag tror de vita är snödroppar och de blålilaaktiga är jag ganska hundra på är krokusar :)

Per sa...

Tack :) Ja, snödroppar va faktiskt något jag tippade på, kan man nästan gissa sig till på hur de ser ut. Fina är de iallafall!