2009-03-09

Swedish delicacies

As I told in my last blog post, I went to Ikea to buy some food to make a dinner for some of the friends here, to give something back since I have got to try so much nice food from them and also just to have a good time all together. So on Friday night we all went to one of the kitchens in the brand new buildings where Felix is lucky to live. As there was quite many things to do at the same time I was immidiately asked, mostly by the girls, if I needed some help, which I did. In the end they had taken over all of the cooking, and even though I tried to contribute with something they didn't let me, and I've learned here not to go against an Italian woman in the kitchen. So I arranged the plates and the small aperitifs that consisted of schnapps cheese, pickled cucumber and reindeer salami on a piece of crisp bread, and the main dish of Swedish meatballs and potato in cream sauce with lingonberry jam. I must say it was a big success, and all of the food was gone when we left to go out clubbing.

Felix also took on the deadly challenge of eating a knäckebröd in less than ten seconds. Something a Dutch man has never ever done before! How it went you can see in the video below:

Inga kommentarer: