2009-05-12

Nasty drinks

Last night I did my second shift in the bar in four days, but luckily it was a lot more relaxed than the Friday one. However, it was still quite a lot of people in there since it was the North East Tyne-Tees derby between Newcastle and Middlesbrough, but I had some time to watch the game. It was a very intense and important game for bothe teams, but Newcastle won finally with 3-1 and moved up over the regulation line, yey! And my own Örebro also won their home game too!
One thing I have experienced working behind the bar in the college bar is all the weird, disgusting drinks people sometimes order, which I never ever heard about before. First we have the Snakebite, which is half a lager and half a cider (and usually topped up with blackcurrant cordial), and is quite alright. Then you have Shandy, lager and lemonade, which I never tried but it doesn't sounds good. But last night I got to mix the nastiest drink I ever heard someone ask for seriously. A guy asked me to pour up half a pint of lager, put a shot of Amaretto in it, and then top it up with coke!! Mate??!! And also, girls, if you order like three doubles of Malibu, then mix it with diet coke instead of regular won't matter! Furthermore, don't get me started on the flavour of crisps! Salt and Vinegar?! Melted Cheese and Bacon??! Steak and Ale???!! Makes me wanna puke! Well, it's still a great and cool job to be behind the bar, and I get to talk to a lot of people and try out something new.

Inga kommentarer: