2009-02-06

Birthday x 2

Yesterday was the birthday of two friends here, but fortunately I was able to celebrate them both as they didn't do it on the same night.
First out was Mademoiselle Marie Liane, who decided to celebrate her's the night before the big day. We were about a dozen of us at, one of Durham's best bars (in my opinion), Fabio's and had French cheese, sausage, and champagne (the first time I ever had real French champagne, to the others' surprise and amusement). It all tasted very good! Also, as always, there was a bit of theme involved (hence, the French food), and this time you were supposed to come as your country. I didn't really have the time to get something (would probably have bought a Viking helmet) but I at least dressed up in the beautiful Swedish colours.
Holland and Sweden united

Last night it was the charming Chinese from Hong Kong, Brian's turn to celebrate as he took the big step from teen hood to manhood. So a group of friends from all around the world (although mostly Europe) went out and ate a Chinese Buffet together. It was very good and with lots of different food to try out, but I was so full afterwards I thought I would burst. After the dinner about half of the group went to the DSU to dance a bit of Scottish dance, which is fun but a bit complicated and exhausting. The night ended up at Studio Nightclub, but a bit earlier for me than the others that I went with since I wanted to get up early this morning (although I overslept an hour).
Brian puts on his birthday present

Inga kommentarer: