2009-02-14

The curious case of Per Norberg

Went to the cinema last night, which I do quite often here compared to at home (my 4th film so far), and saw "The curious case of Benjamin Button". I had very high expectations, which I must say weren't really met. It's a very interesting and a bit weird idea that of being born as an old man and age backwards and it's a great story, but nothing more than that. A really good film has to leave me with something. However, it was good Friday night entertainment. Give it 3/5. I was joking last night that I'm a bit like Benjamin Button myself. When I first started to study at university I had a large apartment, which I shared for a while with a 25 year old friend. And now here I am more than three years later, 25 myself, living in a small college room as an Erasmus student surrounded by mostly teens. I also look very similar now to when I was a tiny kid, and I don't think I look like a baby now, although I was unlike Benjamin Button a super cute kid (which if I look now like I did back then must mean something). Moreover, like in the film, I celebrated my birthdays as a kid with mostly "old people", adult relatives and friends to the family, since most other kids were away on holidays in the middle of the summer. I don't really have any problem with my age or with becoming older (although 26 sounds really weird and far away right now), but I like feeling a bit younger here sometimes with younger friends around me. Just hope I don't age backwards for real. Don't wanna end up being 14 or something again, much better now.

3 or 25?

Inga kommentarer: