2009-02-23

Those who think that students don't study a lot...

...can as they say up here in North England "fock off!!". Although I mean that in the most polite way of course. But today I'm very tired since I had 8 hours of lectures, which is like a full-time job except you don't get paid and you have to sit on your bum and listen to someone talking for almost an hour straight at a time. Normally I have first Political Geography from 9-11am, then Social and Cultural Geography for another two hours right after, and then Governing Cities from 4-6pm. The lecturer in the last module has missed three out of five lectures for various reasons, so today we had a double lecture starting from 2pm. The man is from Glasgow, or something (at least Scotland), so he got a strong accent, which you can especially hear when he say, the rather oftenly used because of the subject, "downtown", which he pronounce [doontoon]. I was a bit bored after some time so I started counted, and I reached 84, so if you account the times he said it in the beginning I'm sure it was a three-digit number in total. Said to Felix, who even fell asleep some time, that it would be a brilliant drinking game, to take a sip of beer everytime he said it. Although the subject is quite interesting I think it would make the lectures much more bearable.

Inga kommentarer: