2009-01-04

Lenny & Me


During the vacation I have finished the book "Marley & Me - life and love with the world's worst dog". So right now it's a lot about man's best friend, since I'm the one that is mostly at home when my parents are working I have to take care of the family dog, Lenny. He's very far from being the world's worst dog. Full of playful energy, that sometimes though can be a bit hard to control when we're out on a walk and you want him to walk where you walk, but he's for the most a good dog. Also very social and always snuggle up on you on the couch, which keeps you warm. And heat is something that is very much needed right now. When I checked the thermometer before taking Lenny for a walk at lunch it showed -13 degrees! Even though I experienced temperatures below -20 (a few years back) it's still a bit of a shock to go out, especially if you're not fully clothed from head to toes, which you of course need to be. If you take off your gloves your fingers start to ache in a minute and it feels like needles to them. The only body heat I get during a walk is when I pick up a pile after Lenny, so it's with mixed feelings I do it. At the same time it's fantastically beautiful views outside with all the snow and a sunny blue sky with no clouds, and the air is so clear and easily breathed that it fills your lungs in just a quick breath. Simply just amazing!

Inga kommentarer: